This event is timely to discuss the European Commission’s ambition to create a secure and interoperable European Digital Identity and its upcoming review of the 2014 eIDAS Regulation which provides a cross-border legal framework for electronic identification, authentication and website certification within the EU.
The discussion will aim at addressing the following questions:
- What are the drivers and barriers to the development and uptake of eID and trust services in Europe?
- What are the benefits of electronic identification for citizens and for businesses (incl. SMEs)?
- What are the necessary features for a trusted and secure European ID? How to build a smart, user-friendly, interoperable and privacy by design solution, in particular on mobile devices?
- What are the eID solutions being currently developed in Europe and what we can learn from them?
- How far advanced are Member States in the deployment of eID services? How to make identification solutions more popular across Europe and prevent fragmentation?
Andrus Ansip MEP and EIF Member
Lorena Boix Alonso, Director for Digital Society, Trust & Cybersecurity, DG CNECT, European Commission
Oliver Väärtnõu, CEO of Cybernetica
Philippe Lucas, Executive VP Customer Equipment & Partnership, Orange
Patrick von Braunmühl, Senior Director Public Affairs, Bundesdruckerei
Coty de Monteverde, Director, Blockchain Centre of Excellence, Santander
Maria Rosa Gibellini, Director General, European Internet Forum